We are celebrating the sun & the summer with a lovely refreshing summer recipe: Orzo♥Coffee Shakerato (Iced Orzo♥Coffee)
Here are the instructions for making this lovely summer drink, very hydrating and naturally caffeine-free or watch the video below to us making it in action.
1. Before you start, boil the kettle with enough water for 1 large cup of
Orzo♥Coffee, leave it to cool for five minutes.
2. Add one or two tablespoons of Instant Orzo♥Coffee to your cocktail shaker (depending on how strong you like your Orzo♥Coffee).
3. You can also add sugar/sweetener if you like.
4. Pour in the hot water.
5. Stir the content well.
6. Quickly add the ice-cubes to your hot drink and get ready to shake.
7. Shake, shake, shake
8. Your Orzo♥Coffee shakerato is now ready to be poured
9. Enjoy this refreshing summer drink
This is a super-creamy dessert, perfect after-dinner or as mid-afternoon break.
We used vegan ingredients but it can be prepared using normal milk and butter (as you preferred).
It is super-easy to make !
- 125 g of risotto / pudding rice
- 150 ml of water
- 3 tbs of instant Orzo♥Coffee
- 500ml of soya milk (you can also use normal milk or almond milk)
- 25 g of butter (we used soya margarine)
- 1tbs of caster sugar
To decorate: cacao dusting; chocolate drops or whipped cream
Rinse the rice before use. Place with the water in medium pan. Bring to the boil and then let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the instant Orzo♥Coffee, stir well and add the (soya) milk. Bring to boil and allow to simmer gently for 20-30 minutes. Remember to stir frequently until the rice has become tender and the milk creamy and thick.
Once ready, remove from the stove and add the butter (or soya margarine) and the caster sugar. You could also add a tablespoon of rum or amaretto (for adults only).
Leave the rice pudding to stand for 15 minutes. Serve in individual coffee cups and decorate. You can add some whipped cream on the top or some chocolate drops or simply some cacao dusting.
This lovely cream dessert is perfect to enjoy warm but you can also place it in the fridge and eat cold the day after!