Thanks to the lovely Katy from Littlemissmeatfree for sharing this lovely recipe of avegan Orzo Coffee Mocha Cake with us. Follow LittleMissMeatFree for her updates
Coffee and chocolate are a match made in heaven! This rich chocolate cake is sandwiched with Orzo Coffee infused buttercream, then topped with lashings of melted dark chocolate. Perfect for sharing (or indulging alone…)
Makes 1 medium cake
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas mark 4
2. Mix together the soya milk and cider vinegar; the mixture will curdle. Add the sugar, oil and vanilla extract and whisk until foamy.
3. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder.
4. Pour the soya milk mixture into the dry mixture and stir gently until combined; do not over mix as this will affect the texture.
5. Pour into the greased cake tins, filling them three quarters of the way to allow room to rise. Bake for 18-20 minutes and allow to cool fully before icing.
For the icing:
During the festive season it is easy to find in the shops spice bags or kits to prepare mulled wine, so why not try and use them to make a Christmasy Mulled Orzo♥Coffee.
Spices are really nice with ground roasted barley and complement its nutty malted flavour. You can also prepare this yourself, with orange peel, cinnamon sticks, cardamon, cloves, ginger and dried cranberries (like we did).
Put 4 or 5 tablespoons of OrzoCoffee originale in your cafeterie and add the mulled spices. Put hot water and stir well before placing the lid on your cafetiere. Let the Orzo & mulled spices rest for 10 minutes to get all the flavour and goodness out of it ;-)
It is time to serve your Mulled Orzo♥Coffee, preferably with a nice piece of cake, enjoy your Orzo♥Coffee with the special taste of Christmas !
This is very simple recipe to treat yourself before bedtime ;-)
We used the lovely organic Almond Milk of IsolaBio that you can buy from the website of OrganiCulture.
Place 2 or 3 teaspoons of Orzo♥Coffee Pronto Instant Soluble Organic Barley in a mug.
Add Almond Milk slowly, steering in the milk with our Instant Barley.
Warm up the mug in the microwave or on the stove until lukewarm (do not boil or you will loose the lovely nutritional properties of this drink!)
Your organic Orzo♥Mandorlatte is now ready to enjoy!
If you are enjoying some sun & summer this week, then you might want to try this lovely cocktail* with Amaretto & Orzo♥Coffee!
The sweet almond flavour of this famous Italian liqueur perfectly complements the roasted and nutty aroma of our barley coffee.
Try it yourself, it is super easy to prepare. Place ice-cubes in your shaker, add 2 shots of Amaretto and 2 strong cups of Orzo♥Coffee espresso (you can use our Orziera or use instant Orzo♥Coffee). Shake it vigorously and pour in two cocktail glasses. Follow the step-by-step photogallery below.
Enjoy in a relaxed warm evening with friends and family ;-)
*This recipe is for over 18 only, as it contains alcohol for advice on alcohol consumption visit Drink Aware website
We are celebrating the sun & the summer with a lovely refreshing summer recipe: Orzo♥Coffee Shakerato (Iced Orzo♥Coffee)
Here are the instructions for making this lovely summer drink, very hydrating and naturally caffeine-free or watch the video below to us making it in action.
1. Before you start, boil the kettle with enough water for 1 large cup of
Orzo♥Coffee, leave it to cool for five minutes.
2. Add one or two tablespoons of Instant Orzo♥Coffee to your cocktail shaker (depending on how strong you like your Orzo♥Coffee).
3. You can also add sugar/sweetener if you like.
4. Pour in the hot water.
5. Stir the content well.
6. Quickly add the ice-cubes to your hot drink and get ready to shake.
7. Shake, shake, shake
8. Your Orzo♥Coffee shakerato is now ready to be poured
9. Enjoy this refreshing summer drink
Orzo♥Coffee in the Kitchen
In this blog we experiment and explore with Orzo♥Coffee ... we welcome comments, suggestions, and -most importantly -your stories and recipes ;-)
Follow Orzo♥Coffee on Pinterest