Thanks to the lovely Katy from Littlemissmeatfree for sharing this lovely recipe of avegan Orzo Coffee Mocha Cake with us. Follow LittleMissMeatFree for her updates
Coffee and chocolate are a match made in heaven! This rich chocolate cake is sandwiched with Orzo Coffee infused buttercream, then topped with lashings of melted dark chocolate. Perfect for sharing (or indulging alone…)
Makes 1 medium cake
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas mark 4
2. Mix together the soya milk and cider vinegar; the mixture will curdle. Add the sugar, oil and vanilla extract and whisk until foamy.
3. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder.
4. Pour the soya milk mixture into the dry mixture and stir gently until combined; do not over mix as this will affect the texture.
5. Pour into the greased cake tins, filling them three quarters of the way to allow room to rise. Bake for 18-20 minutes and allow to cool fully before icing.
For the icing:
Orzo♥Coffee in the Kitchen
In this blog we experiment and explore with Orzo♥Coffee ... we welcome comments, suggestions, and -most importantly -your stories and recipes ;-)
Follow Orzo♥Coffee on Pinterest